Here we go......again

 We are definitely living in strange times to say the least.  Being out in public and seeing all of the masked faces, trying to identify friends by the way they walk, their body language or even their eyes, it is all very surreal yet it seems to be the new normal.  A lot has changed in a year in all facets of my life.  When races and life in general seemed to get canceled and the world seemed darkest is when I started to shift my focus.  After the initial disappointment I realized that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity.  A chance to spend more time with my family, more father son time on the golf course, watching Jordan develop a love and passion for a game that was and still is a big part of who I am.  Today with me working from home and Jordan’s hybrid schedule we get to go for a walk everyday at lunchtime, more family dinners on weekends, these are the things that I am thankful for in a time of uncertainty.  Last week also brought back a sense of normalcy for me, my first full week of Ironman training.  My first time in a pool since March 13th, my first structured workouts with my new coach and new teammates.  It is time to look forward.  This past weekend saw the first Ironman race take place in the United States since the pandemic began and it was historic as the world got to witness the first athlete with Down Syndrome become an Ironman.  As I watched him finish the last 2 miles of the marathon it made me once again realize that Anything is Possible and his message of getting 1% better every day really resonated with me.  No one knows what tomorrow or next week or next month will bring, but here’s what I do know; On August 22,2021 I will become an Ironman whether in Canada or in Bergen County NJ, I will enjoy the training, I will be present for Lori and Jordan as I take this journey because without them it means nothing and I will be 1% better everyday.


Comments

  1. 1% every day Bro. You can do it and I support you 100% Jonathan‼️😎

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning....

Green Light..........Yellow First though